Privacy & Cookies
. PaperSprings is always committed towards the safety of our valued users, in the cyberspace.
- We work and act entirely under the guidelines set by the Indian Data Protection Act.
- It’s our promise to each and every user of our service, that none of your information will ever be shared with any third party, without prior information.
- The information that we collect from our users are primarily used by our analytics team, only to enhance the user experience and make our offerings more relevant to you.
What we collect. We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information about your purchases
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
PaperSprings collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website and other sites accessible from them. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used. We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
What we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, and if you’ve opted-in, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will use sales data to populate our ‘What’s going on’ grid on our homepage. This is completely anonymous and is only ever displayed using non-identifiable details. No correlation could be made between a specific customer’s purchase and the details displayed on the screen.
Use of your information and your preferences : We will use your information to provide and personalize our service. We will also use your contact details to communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and news about products and services. Once you have registered to use PaperSprings, you will be provided with access to a “Your account” page that will allow you to tailor our communications to your preferences. To change your contact preferences simply click “Log In” at the top of the homepage and then click “Your Account”. Once in your account section, you can change your preferences from the options therein. If you are confused about how to stop receiving any type of communication from us then you may contact us at any time and we will help you ensure your wishes are respected. Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service. For e-mail notifications of out of stock titles we will only use your e-mail address for this purpose and not for additional marketing.
Your interactions: If you decide to delete your account/leave PaperSprings your personal account details will be deleted. Any reviews you have written will not be deleted and will remain on the site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or informing us via the contact us page.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our group of companies which we think you may find interesting. If you are still having any doubts or queries regarding your privacy, please feel free to contact us.