- QuickviewAcademic, Commerce, ManagmentHighly respected for its effective integration of financial theory and practice, this classic text explores the rapidly evolving and exciting theory of finance as it relates to a corporation's investment in assets, financing, and dividends. It explains the ways in which analytical techniques are brought to bear on financial decision making and supplies the institutional material necessary for a solid understanding of the environment in which financial decisions are made.
- QuickviewCommerce, ManagmentThis new edition of Financial Management continues to emphasize on the theories, concepts, and techniques that aid in corporate decision making, Apart from updating the chapters with recent developments in the subject, it presents to the reader's several new cases and examples, along with new-age tools like 'excel' for problem-solving.
- QuickviewAcademic, Commerce, ManagmentIt continues to focus on presenting the current and updated status of the financial services sector in India. All the significant updates (notable policy and operational developments since the publication of its previous edition in 2013) till end-March 2015 have been included in this edition.Book Features: Refurbished chapter on 'Lease Financing' Comprehensive new sections like Infrastructure Debt Fund (IDF) Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) RBI Directions Important laws and rules in the financial services sector like Health Insurance Regulations, 2013, SEBI regulations etc Table of Contents: Part 1: IntroductionNon-Banking Financial Companies Part 2: Asset/Fund-Based Financial ServicesLease Financing Hire-Purchase Finance and Consumer Credit Factoring and Forfaiting Housing Finance Insurance Services and Products Venture Capital Financing Banking Products and Services Mutual Funds: Services and Products Part 3: Merchant Banking and Other Fee-Based/Advisory Financial ServicesIssue Management: Intermediaries Issue Management: Activities/Procedures Corporate Restructuring Stock Broking, Depositories, Custodial Services and Short Selling and Securities Lending and Borrowing Scheme Credit Rating
- QuickviewCommerce, ManagmentSince the first edition of this book was published in 1988, there have been many developments in the options and derivatives markets. The ninth edition of Options, Futures and Other Derivatives has taken in to account these fast-paced changes and presents the reader with an up-to-date scenario. Like earlier editions, this book has been designed to serve the wider spectrum of the market. It is appropriate for students pursuing graduate courses in business, economics, and financial engineering. It can be used for advanced undergraduate courses involving quantitative skills. Many practitioners who are involved in derivatives markets may also find the book useful.
- QuickviewAcademic, Commerce, ManagmentThe dangers inherent in the financial system make understanding risk management essential for anyone working in, or planning to work in, the financial sector. A practical resource for financial professionals and students alike, Risk Management and Financial Institutions, Fourth Edition explains all aspects of financial risk as well as the way financial institutions are regulated, to help readers better understand financial markets and potential dangers. Fully revised and updated, this new edition features coverage of new regulatory issues, liquidity risk and stress testing. Special Features ·Understand how risk affects different types of financial institutions ·Learn the different types of risk and how they are managed ·Study the most current regulatory issues that deal with risk Table of Content Business Snapshots Preface Chapter 1: Introduction Part One : Financial Institutions and Their Trading Chapter 2: Banks Chapter 3: Insurance Companies and Pension Plans Chapter 4: Mutual Funds and Hedge Funds Chapter 5: Trading in Financial Markets Chapter 6: The Credit Crisis of 2007 Chapter 7: Valuation and Scenario Analysis: The Risk-Neutral and Real Worlds Part Two : Market Risk Chapter 8: How Traders Manage Their Risks Chapter 9: Interest Rate Risk Chapter 10: Volatility Chapter 11: Correlations and Copulas Chapter 12: Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall Chapter 13: Historical Simulation and Extreme Value Theory Chapter 14: Model-Building Approach Part Three : Regulation Chapter 15: Basel I, Basel II and Solvency II Chapter 16: Basel II.5, Basel III and Other Post-Crisis Changes Chapter 17: Fundamental Review of the Trading Book Part Four : Credit Risk Chapter 18: Managing Credit Risk: Margin, OTC Markets and CCPs Chapter 19: Estimating Default Probabilities Chapter 20: CVA and DVA Chapter 21: Credit Value at Risk Part Five : Other Topics Chapter 22: Scenario Analysis and Stress Testing Chapter 23: Operational Risk Chapter 24: Liquidity Risk Chapter 25: Model Risk Chapter 26: Economic Capital and RAROC Chapter 27: Enterprise Risk Management Chapter 28: Risk Management Mistakes to Avoid Part Six : Appendices Appendices Answers to Questions and Problems Glossary DerivaGem Software Tables for N(x) Index