- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionThe New Manager's Guide and Mentor "The Harvard Business Essentials" series is designed to provide comprehensive advice, personal coaching, background information, and guidance on the most relevant topics in business. Whether you are a new manager seeking to expand your skills or a seasoned professional looking to broaden your knowledge base, these solution-oriented books put reliable answers at your fingertips. Decision making is a critical part of management, and bad choices can damage careers and the bottom line. This book offers the tools and advice managers need to avoid common biases and arrive at and implement decisions that are both sound and ethical.
- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionAdland is a ground-breaking examination of modern advertising, from its origins and evolution to the current advertising landscape. Bestselling author and journalist Mark Tungate examines key developments in advertising, from copy adverts, radio and television, to the opportunities afforded by the explosion of digital media and then interviews leading names in advertising today, including Jean-Marie Dru, Sir Alan Parker, Sir John Hegarty and Sir Martin Sorrell, as well as 20th century industry luminaries such as Phil Dusenberry and George Lois.Exploring the roots of the advertising industry in New York and London, from Hopkins and Lasker to the Mad Men of the 50s, Tungate then covers today's big communication groups and the emerging markets of Eastern Europe, Asia and Latin America. Adland offers a comprehensive examination of a global industry and suggests ways in which it is likely to develop in the future.
- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionOur world is as much about cooperation as it is about conflict; as much about collaboration as competition. Yet our knowledge of collective behavior is still relatively slim. Leaders who have been trained in the command-and-control mode of management are realizing that it often fails to truly engage people; in response, management thinkers have proclaimed the advent of a new, participatory model. But why should there be only two modes of collective behavior?For the past two years Deloitte has invested in a major global initiative, the As One project, to study effective collaborations. The project has discovered that there are many modes of "As One behavior" and that all are effective in certain contexts. As One defines eight archetypes of leaders and followers. Taking more than 60 cases of successful collective behavior, the authors define the characteristics for each model and show how you can apply them to your organization. As One will show you a new way to lead, and to get your team working to reach all your goals. Imagine what we could accomplish if we could unlock the power of As One on a global scale.
- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionVijay Krishna’s 2e of Auction Theory improves upon his 2002 bestseller with a new chapter on package and position auctions as well as end-of-chapter questions and chapter notes. Complete proofs and new material about collusion complement Krishna’s ability to reveal the basic facts of each theory in a style that is clear, concise, and easy to follow. With the addition of a solutions manual and other teaching aids, the 2e continues to serve as the doorway to relevant theory for most students doing empirical work on auctions.
- QuickviewAcademic, Commerce, ManagmentHighly respected for its effective integration of financial theory and practice, this classic text explores the rapidly evolving and exciting theory of finance as it relates to a corporation's investment in assets, financing, and dividends. It explains the ways in which analytical techniques are brought to bear on financial decision making and supplies the institutional material necessary for a solid understanding of the environment in which financial decisions are made.
- QuickviewCommerce, ManagmentThis new edition of Financial Management continues to emphasize on the theories, concepts, and techniques that aid in corporate decision making, Apart from updating the chapters with recent developments in the subject, it presents to the reader's several new cases and examples, along with new-age tools like 'excel' for problem-solving.
- QuickviewAcademic, Commerce, ManagmentIt continues to focus on presenting the current and updated status of the financial services sector in India. All the significant updates (notable policy and operational developments since the publication of its previous edition in 2013) till end-March 2015 have been included in this edition.Book Features: Refurbished chapter on 'Lease Financing' Comprehensive new sections like Infrastructure Debt Fund (IDF) Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) RBI Directions Important laws and rules in the financial services sector like Health Insurance Regulations, 2013, SEBI regulations etc Table of Contents: Part 1: IntroductionNon-Banking Financial Companies Part 2: Asset/Fund-Based Financial ServicesLease Financing Hire-Purchase Finance and Consumer Credit Factoring and Forfaiting Housing Finance Insurance Services and Products Venture Capital Financing Banking Products and Services Mutual Funds: Services and Products Part 3: Merchant Banking and Other Fee-Based/Advisory Financial ServicesIssue Management: Intermediaries Issue Management: Activities/Procedures Corporate Restructuring Stock Broking, Depositories, Custodial Services and Short Selling and Securities Lending and Borrowing Scheme Credit Rating
- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionHumans just aren't entirely rational creatures. We decide to roll over and hit the snooze button instead of going to the gym. We take out home loans we can't possibly afford. And did you know that people named Paul are more likely to move to St. Paul than other cities? All too often, our subconscious causes us to act against our own self-interest. But our free-market economy is based on the assumption that we always do act in our own self-interest. In this provocative book, physician Peter Ubel uses his understanding of psychology and behavior to show that in some cases government must regulate markets for our own health and well-being. And by understanding and controlling the factors that go into our decisions, big and small, we can all begin to stop the damage we do to our bodies, our finances, and our economy as a whole. Ubel's vivid stories bring his message home for anyone interested in improving the way our society works.
- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionThis text is designed to help those faced with the task of organizing business gatherings of any size or purpose. The key issues covered include: how to approach the task; choosing a venue, programme and speakers; budgeting; presentation and production techniques; exhibitions; organizing events overseas; marketing a public event; organizing conferences for profit; completing paperwork; chairing a meeting; and dealing with hotels.
- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionThis is a 2004 Berry-American Marketing Association book prize finalist! 'This book is an indispensable, step-by-step guide to calculating what works and what doesn't in the notoriously difficult to measure areas of marketing and public relations. When a CEO wants to know what he or she got for their investment in marketing, the processes and formulas presented in Marketing ROI help get to the most credible answer possible. More importantly, marketers can now confidently eliminate waste from their budgets and improve productivity' - Tom Nicholson, Former Director Public Relations and Communications, Sears, Roebuck and Co.A powerful program for making every marketing dollar count by accurately measuring its impact on your company's bottom line Return on investment (ROI) is today's key business tool for measuring how effectively a company uses its assets, yet few marketing managers receive any ROI training at all. "Marketing ROI" changes that, showing marketing practitioners at all levels how to employ ROI and other financial tools to quantify their organizations' strategic marketing decisions and maximize the incremental profits generated by each dollar invested in their marketing programs.The first comprehensive, easy-to-follow guidebook on using ROI to improve the effectiveness of virtually any marketing program, this results-focused book provides step-by-step guidelines on how your organization can: align marketing measurements and goals with operational objectives; track marketing performance and provide feedback for improvements; and, include all decision makers in the success of its marketing program. For far too long, marketing efforts and expenditures have been seen as a world unto themselves that logically and logistically separate from labor, plant, and other more traditional costs. "Marketing ROI" presents a program for removing the veil of mystery from marketing efficiency by measuring the validity and success of marketing investments and dramatically improving the ROI for each dollar spent in your organization's marketing program.' The goal of this book is to serve as a comprehensive guide for effectively using marketing ROI to improve profitability. There is tremendous opportunity to have an impact on profitability at the campaign, customer, and corporate levels. The information presented will provide insight to executives, marketers, financial managers, and research analysts' - From the Introduction."Marketing ROI" presents an idea whose time has come. The idea? That marketing is an integral component of any organization's profitability (or lack thereof), and it is reasonable - in fact, beneficial - for executives to expect a measurable return on marketing investment, just as they expect returns on capital, technology, and other essential expenditures. Built around a straightforward formula that can be adapted and implemented by organizations to match their own operational and financial requirements, "Marketing ROI" follows a three-step process for introducing, understanding, and implementing marketing ROI: Understand ROI Principles - Introduces key concepts for and the rationale behind marketing ROI; Build the ROI Formula - Explains techniques and examples for measuring marketing ROI and aligning measures with decisions; and, Applying Marketing ROI - Provides methodologies and strategic applications for implementing, standardizing, and managing marketing ROI.Today's increasingly intense competitive environment, coupled with constant demands to improve shareholder value, has ratcheted up the pressure on companies to increase spending efficiency whenever and wherever possible. But with traditional paths to profitability more crowded than ever, companies are finding it virtually impossible to gain meaningful ground while using the same concepts and calculations as their competitors. Businesses need an approach that compares virtually every marketing investment with its incremental return, improves the measurements of the financial value of an organization's marketing investments, and ensures that the underlying principles remain valid."Marketing ROI" presents a new and better way to strengthen your competitive position by solidifying the tracking of your marketing expenses. Let it show you a proven path to accurately measure the efficiency and effectiveness of each of your marketing expenses - from targeted price reductions to direct marketing campaigns to revamped distribution channels - and use that data to increase the bottom-line return for every marketing decision you make.
- QuickviewCommerce, ManagmentSince the first edition of this book was published in 1988, there have been many developments in the options and derivatives markets. The ninth edition of Options, Futures and Other Derivatives has taken in to account these fast-paced changes and presents the reader with an up-to-date scenario. Like earlier editions, this book has been designed to serve the wider spectrum of the market. It is appropriate for students pursuing graduate courses in business, economics, and financial engineering. It can be used for advanced undergraduate courses involving quantitative skills. Many practitioners who are involved in derivatives markets may also find the book useful.
- QuickviewAcademic, Managment, Non FictionThe Leadership series is an important new collection of management guides exploring the principles and practice of leadership in business. Following on from the first title, "The Five Steps to Successful Business Leadership", which sets the basic parameters for effective leadership, each subsequent title explains the application of leadership skills in a specific business context. About Author: